Thursday, 6 September 2012

So many coats, so many questions...


This time next week i'll be back in Newcastle, back to being a student, back to budgeting, back to basically being skint!
Several things have crossed my mind, but the major one is...I DON'T OWN A WINTER COAT!
I can only dream of every being able to afford a Burberry coat and even at a push the Barbour cape to the left so as my price range drops, so does my variety. 
I could go with a staple Topshop coat, but then look forward to seeing doubles of me all over campus. 
I could customize a primark jacket but then look forward to it falling apart 2 weeks later.
I could order one of asos but then look forward to having to return it as it doesnt look like the picture or is the wrong choice. 
What i'm trying to say is I think this is one of the hardest decisions ever. Scrimp on the cash and i'll be cold and buying a new one every week. Spend and ill be living off beans for months.
Last winter I fell in love with this vintage cape, it was being, plain and simple but I loved it them moment I saw it. However it had a strong vintage smell that wasn't masked no matter how much perfume I used. I even had it dry cleaned twice but it never vanished so last year i lived off a hood. With a love of vintage i'd happily get a winter coat as I'd definatley prefer not looking like a cog in the high street wheel but I can't help but think, is it the easy option?

[top to bottom-Burberry, D&G, Barbour]

No comments:

Post a Comment